UserCamera: Nikon D100
Strobe: Sea & Sea YS-300
Taxonomy: Fish
EXIFSoftware: ACD Systems Digital Imaging
Votes

Score: 3.81 (16 votes)

Like this photo? Want to own a copy? Contact us!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

7 Responses to “Cloud Fish 2”

1. Hengky Dotulong says:

Hmmh …
    Nice one, this is better..
    Did you crop this, Carl?
    Or original just make gone the flare?

2. Carl Gennaro says:

With Hengky sugestion I healed the flare…. Thanks for the suggestion

3. Mulyadi Setiono says:

I’m dumbfounded - way beyond my class …

4. Hengky Dotulong says:

Very nice soft art photography …

5. Tom F. Chandra says:

Wonderful composition

6. Budi Ramadi Jerry says:

wonderful!

7. Carl Gennaro says:

Mul,
    hey I have been doing underwater photos since 1976, or 74 can’t even remember.. thanks for the comments. I really should buy a slide scanner, I have 1000’s of pictures and from places you have not been to yet. Too cold for you guys. I was better back then. I don’t really take the time now like I used to. I think I am going to start taking my time and doing it right again. I am way to sloppy now, also spend too much time on hardware and not paying attention to composition and settings as I should. When you only had 36 pictures you made everyone count, so you natural got better. Today you just click click out of control and then you can fix a lot of stuff in photoshop. You have gotten 100 times better from the first time I seen your stuff. Remember I still have your old ones on my disk dives… This kind of forum is the best to learn, makes you think. Hard to get comments before on my slides and you really couldn’t fix much once it was done. Not without extreme pain.

I used to make my own notes after I developed the pictures then read them all before I jumped in again, made my pictures a much better. Try it. notes to yourself.. but if you want to get really good you have to do EVERY thing manual, especiall with these cameras today. If not there is no benchmark. I try to get into a habbit of seeing the picture before you shoot it. I think sometimes you think you just want to get the shoot and later wish you took more time. Guess that’s why other divers without camers hate us. I find the best pictures I have taken is when I dive alone, ( yea I know not good )

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.