Waktu di Menjangan bulan lalu, almost got ran over by this guy.

UserCamera: Canon Powershot S50
Strobe: Built-in Flash
Taxonomy: Fish
EXIFSoftware: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Votes

Score: 3.84 (19 votes)

Like this photo? Want to own a copy? Contact us!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

13 Responses to “Nyaris Nabrak”

1. Hengky Dotulong says:

Cakep.. cakep, untuk dapat moment ini agak susah ya, kalau pakai pocket. Ini dipancing sama roti yang diancurin nggak? Pak Arrief, hari ini sudah sampai VCD dan Kaosnya, terima kasih banyak … Salam buat dive club anda di Papua …

2. Richard Harlan says:

WOOOOO……. mantepppp
    Laen drpd yg laenn

3. Carl Gennaro says:

Wish I knew what everyone was saying.. but Great!!! Shot. I love it.

4. Arief Wiriadinata says:

Wah, gak etis kan diver ngasih makan ikan… kalau makan ikan boleh… :-) . Parrotfish ini ngikutin kita terus hampir 30 menit-an, sampai hampir nyerempet2. Emang kelihatannya dia minta di foto…

5. Hengky Dotulong says:

Ask your wife Carl…

6. Carl Gennaro says:

Now why didn’t I think of that? LOL She is on vacation without me. Be back today. Some Indonesian wedding and serious shopping in Washington DC, too hot for me and no water to dive in. Save my vacation time for diving.. But thanks for the idea. :)

7. Hengky Dotulong says:

How about joining dive Lombok in August and meet Hammerhead at The Magnet dive site in Lombok? http://www.kapalselam.org/dive_trip/diving_lombok_the_magnet_dive_site_hammerheads/
    plenty of water there… Lol…

8. Tom F. Chandra says:

BAGUSSSSS

9. Kaufik Anril says:

nice picture…
    external light ?

10. Kaufik Anril says:

Something wierd with this fish…
    look at the mouth of the fish…
    there is a black shadow round the lips… as we know
    behind this fish is blue water, and should
    not form shadow.

11. Carl Gennaro says:

Even if the whole fish is photoshoped in, it’s still a great picture. But could have just tried to clean up the blue water or black background. Need to shave a little closer next time.

12. Arief Wiriadinata says:

Thank you all for the comments.

Mas Kaufik,
    Yes I did some editing in PS, but only cropping, color balance, leveling to get the contrast, and a little smoothing because the raw conversion I have didn’t do a very good job… (the free version of Joyce Image Converter). I used the flash here, and I really don’t know what was or how come there is a shadow behind the mouth of the fish. Right behind the fish is actually a seafan. It may have just happen to shape like the mouth of the fish or the shadow was formed from the particles in the water. I have to compare it with some other pictures… Here, I’ll upload the ‘no PS’ version of the picture soon where you can kind of see the seafan.

13. Budi Ramadi Jerry says:

Nice fish!!!
    Good texture and pose :)
    I wish I’ll be that lucky when I got this moment…

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.