I was wondering what would it look like from a predator or fish point of view. Jelly fish anybody?

UserCamera: Nikon D70
Strobe: Natural Light (no strobe)
Taxonomy: Others
EXIFCamera model: NIKON D70s
Date: 31 January 2006
Time: 12:53:08
Exposure Time: 1/160
Aperture: f/14.0
Exposure Bias: 0.00
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 10.5 mm (35 mm equivalent: 15 mm)
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual exposure
Metering Mode: Pattern
Light Source: unknown
White Balance: Auto white balance
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Macintosh
Votes

Score: 4.29 (21 votes)

Like this photo? Want to own a copy? Contact us!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

29 Responses to “Fish Eye view”

1. Erwin Kodiat says:

By looking on my screen, I think you can adjust the contrast to make the jellyfish more separated from the background (water surface). However, it is a perfect shot.

2. Erwin Kodiat says:

this one was taken in southern Leyte, huh? Nice trip …

3. Kaufik Anril says:

PERFECT BUDDY…..5 for this…
    10,5 mm WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW another dream lens….

4. Imran Ahmad says:

hmm… erwin your right.. with CS2 and burning tool, we can create magic too.. As for kaufik, the 10.5mm is a very hard lens to use underwater esp in compostion and vignette issue but it’s a great len to experiment with. Try magic filters and
    10.5mm, now that’s magic.. U guys shd try it on ur camera.. perfect for those who don’t have strobe.. nice colours and saturation

5. Imran Ahmad says:

And yes.. this is in Leyte, philippines.. A place to see whale shark gathering, great divesite and pristine reef system

6. Kaufik Anril says:

vignete ? use dome port ?
    how come ?

7. Imran Ahmad says:

Well, it depends on the composition. the len is really wide and sometimes it happens. i use fish eye len from sea&sea for this shot, no strobe, natural light and got stung by it after i’m done. heheh

8. Hengky Dotulong says:

This one is nice, only the jelly is also white ..
    Not so contrast with the bright background, I can not make this with my pocket, damn …

9. Hengky Dotulong says:

Imran, keep posting even some people here vote your pictures low, we still need comments with sharp critics,
    even the bad one, if we just received good comments like “Good, Sharp, Nice” we will blind and can not take better pictures.

10. Erwin Kodiat says:

I agree with you, Heng.
    Imran, give us your honest critics, I appreciate it ….

11. Imran Ahmad says:

Well, it all depends… i’m here to learn and improve..critics, opniions, gd or bad are healthy for me… beside if you read the captions it says”They don’t have to be great photos, because the main purpose of this web site is to improve our underwater photography skills, not to compete with each other. Please note that some of the comments here are in Bahasa Indonesia, but you may comment in English since most Submariners (KSDC members) speak English.” Well, it’s all about sharing and learning… ratings are just individual.. Thanks for voting…:)

12. Hengky Dotulong says:

Yeah, why don’t we all change the way we gave comments?
    If the picture good, then just shut up and vote for 5?
    If there is something not nice or wrong, then open the mouth and gave bad or sharp critics, so this forum will be real place to learn for all of us and make better underwater pictures.

13. Imran Ahmad says:

No hard feelings, guys :p

14. Imran Ahmad says:

hmmm… You don’t need ratings to get better… critics and opinion would be great.. besides you’ll know if your pictures are good… anyways…

15. Hengky Dotulong says:

My pictures always good at least in my eyes,
    otherwise I am not posting it, ha.. ha..
    But I will happy and open to any bad critics and sharp,
    if only compliments like good, nice, sharp… I knew that already, don’t comments and shut the f… up, ha. ha..
    Anybody agree with me, let’s start to kick some pictures ass, I will start from this picture.

16. Hengky Dotulong says:

Imran, I think the frame is make this picture look better, good for show exhibitions lah .., but in here I prefer to look originally without frame, ha.. ha …

17. Imran Ahmad says:

Sometimes, it’s not a abt the perfect picture, but how we can improve it’s quality… and get a better view of it.It takes 1 photographer to take a good picture, but when we combine, the possibilties of taking a great picture,increases . 2 Cents worth

18. Imran Ahmad says:

Underwater postcard with love… hehehhhe, Mr Vodka

19. Kaufik Anril says:

Imran,
    I am sorry ya…my english not too good,
    so sometimes need to coment in Indonesian because
    I dont know the word in english…like Gepeng :)

20. Imran Ahmad says:

Hey Bro, It’s ok.. i found out wat it means… So no worries, we will try to help each other, let it be languages or photography.. we can work something out.. cheers

21. Hengky Dotulong says:

Gepeng? Ha.. ha.. Inglishnya Flat?

22. Kaufik Anril says:

THX Hengky,
    Flat ?? rata ? potentially misunderstanding with
    flat tone… :)

Maybe I should soon start english course with mommy thea.

Poor me

23. Hengky Dotulong says:

From www.ayofoto.com:
    sedikit menambahkan dan untuk mempermudah teman-teman menangkap maksud saya adalah ibaratkan galeri AF! adalah sebuah perlombaan foto. setahu saya baik nasional maupun internasional (saya coba pakai keyword “international photo competition” untuk mencari di google.com), penyerahan foto untuk lomba adalah frameless. ini adalah aturan umum.

silakan teman-teman masuk ke photoawards.com (situs ini adalah hanya 1 contoh dari total 46.800.000 situs yang berhasil ditemukan google.com)

bagaimana kita bisa belajar banyak dari para fotografer international mengenai teknik foto, maupun sense of art mereka.

mengenai quot “namun perlu diingat, bahwa sebuah frame / border mempunyai kekuatan menambah / mengurangi esensi nilai foto itu sendiri” justru hal ini yang saya sangat hindari di AF! mas.. karena nantinya foto dengan border dan borderless menjadi tidak sama acuan penilaiannya

mudah2an mindset saya bisa dimengerti teman-teman anggota.

24. Hengky Dotulong says:

Contoh kalimatnya: Your Breast is flat, dadamu rata.
    Kalau gepeng apa yah?

25. Imran Ahmad says:

Hmmm… i like moderate or some breast , pls…. hengky i found out wat it means”gepeng”.. means thin… orangnya gepeng sekali.. hehehe

26. Kaufik Anril says:

Salah kontext kalimatnya heng…

yang bener gini:

Your breast is “gepeng”, because somebody sit on it !

So what is the appropriate word to subtitute “gepeng” ?

27. Monica Hutadjulu says:

hey guys.. what are you talking about? breast? :D
    Imran.. what Kaufik was trying to say when
    he said “gepeng” on your pic (IMHO loh fikkkk)
    not flat but ’seems’ like it was pressed down
    am i right Mr Yankovic?? (I Wayan Kaufik = Yankovic)
    but for SURE what Kaufik meant is not GEPENG the comedian
    hihihihi

28. Tom F. Chandra says:

Sorry hanya bisa bilang:GOOD PIC, Cik Imran. Harap maklum comment hanya sitik, awak masih shallow menyoal photography

29. Imran Ahmad says:

Hi TOm, Care to explain, what yo meant by shallow?

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.