Strobe: Sea & Sea YS-300
Taxonomy: Fish
EXIFCamera model: NIKON D100
Date: 04 November 2006
Time: 21:05:19
Exposure Time: 1/180
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Bias: 0.00
Focal Length: 35 mm (35 mm equivalent: 52 mm)
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual exposure
Metering Mode: Pattern
Light Source: Flash
White Balance: Manual white balance
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Votes

Score: 3.89 (19 votes)

Like this photo? Want to own a copy? Contact us!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

17 Responses to “EyeOnYou”

1. Kaufik Anril says:

Very nice Carl….

Photo quality very “bening..and kinclong”…
    Really like that one…

Post Processing using PS, to add contrast & Saturation, IMO will make this photo nicer…

4 !

2. Richard Harlan says:

Geee…. nice pose and very clear water. A little too tight, tough…
    Still Excellent!!! 5

3. Carl Gennaro says:

Photo quality very “bening..and kinclong”…???? need help.. this photo looks 10 times better when it’s 5megs, seems to loose that punch having to bring it down to 150k. I really would love to see it someday on your monitor. If I add saturation on my side it does not seem real.

4. Carl Gennaro says:

Kaufik, do you think it looks better now?

5. Richard Harlan says:

Bening and kinclong = Clear and shiny…

Carl.. U can use PS to reduce the size,… there are many ways, such as reduce dpi, reduce image size, choose mode of saving file, quality of saving file, or save for web..etc. I am not expert in using PS… but I think those things will help

6. Susanto Houtama says:

Do not reduce DPI as it will decrease the quality. Just use Image —> Image Size to reduce image size, save and chose the compresion rate for JPG. The range is 1 - 12 with 12 is the lowest compresion, better quality and bigger file. I usually take it at 8 - 10.

7. Carl Gennaro says:

Susanto, yep that is exactly what I have been doing, but seem to end up with 7 most of the time, this one was a 6, I hate making them small in size, looses the bang

8. Susanto Houtama says:

Carl, perhaps the webmaster here must increase the quota more then 150kb…:) BTW, have you ever try to shoot in RAW then converted to JPG? Just a curiosity because if you can do the touch up in RAW then converted to JPG, it might not loose the detail you want to show. Just a thought…

9. Kaufik Anril says:

I think 150kb will enough for web display lah…

Compression JPG 60% ++ good enough for Web display,
    Printing purpose will need 80-100% compression.
    Leave the DPI as is…

RAW files give you more flexible to edit a photo.
    Example, If you use RAW file, you can move the HUE Slider from left to right maximum without produce noise …. this is the advantage of RAW.

10. Carl Gennaro says:

Susanto, yes I have and yes your right, editing Raw files is like taking the photo again from the beginning. Only 10 megs a picture. I shoot in Raw if the dive site is really good and really clear. If it’s not special I just leave it on Fine JPG. With my camera it’s about 3Meg files. My brain still thinks in film, trying very hard to change it. So I don’t take a lot of each picture. Every time I get home I wonder why I didn’t shoot dozens of a subject. I have 2 Gig card. Maybe I need a postit not on my camera housing… :)

11. Hengky Dotulong says:

Need to change habit, always take pictures with RAW and buy 4 GB CF, that another invest of US $ 150. He.. he.. he..

12. Carl Gennaro says:

Please tell this to Mul, we argue like Husband and Wife over this. I agree with you Hengky but my wife will not listen….I have just gotten lazy lately to tell the truth.

13. Richard Harlan says:

I see that the picture has 300 dpi.. That resolution would be useful for printing purposes.
    I guess for web purposes using 72 dpi would be just fine (imho).

Btw, there is nothing wrong to invest another $150 for 4Gb card… or maybe 8Gb?? bwahahaha

14. Kaufik Anril says:

I use RAW mode only for taking photo that need extreem post-processing editing…. :)

Mine only 512 MB … :(

15. Kaufik Anril says:

shoot every photo in RAW, will eat up your Hard Disk soon… ha ha ha ha :)

16. Mulyadi Setiono says:

Hey, good photographers always make their shots right on first try and don’t have enough time to play with photoshop…..hahaha …..I agree, ideally we should shoot RAW, this way we could rescue an image and tweak it more freely with photoshop later on, but in my case I fired about 2000 shots, times 15megs each that would be 30gigs. Well it’s gonna be forever to download, view and process especially if most of my images are crap.

Anyway, nice shot you got here, good composition and well lit. I know how tough it is to get an evenly lit subject in a wide angle shot, none of mine are even close to this.

17. Rochmad Setyadi says:

you must be very patient to get face and face with these fishes

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.