AF Range Mode Macro
Parameters Contrast Normal
Adobe PS 5 for resized

UserCamera: Canon IXY Digital 800 IS
Strobe: Built-in Flash
Taxonomy: Nudibranch
Votes

Score: 3.28 (25 votes)

Like this photo? Want to own a copy? Contact us!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

6 Responses to “‘Elegans’”

1. Erwin Kodiat says:

Wow, amazing Halgerda … never seen this one, I guess it is endemic in Okinawa, right?
    How’s diving there? Is it cold water?

2. Pahlano Daud says:

It looks like endemic considering the recent record mostly around Japan. But H.elegans was first described in 1905 by Bergh and was originally described from Indonesia. This species was used to compare morphological similarities with the new species, H.albocristata Gosliner & Fahey, 1998. And actually from some picture I took, relatively close identified as H.elegans but still I am not sure 100% about this.
    Diving here is cold specially in winter and around Amakusa islands (Southwest Kyushu) the visibility is good mostly in Summer but not everyday. More south close to Taiwan at Iriomote islands (Okinawa ken) warm enough along the year and even Winter the water temperature just reach about 15 degree C :) its still cold for sure but the visibility its good.

3. Erwin Kodiat says:

Wow, very comprehensive reply. Thanks, Pak Pahlano. I think you can submit this to Bill Rudman’s Seaslugforum, he might be able to help.

It is so nice to dive in Indonesia compare to Okinawa :D

4. Pahlano Daud says:

Yes Pak Erwin.. Indonesia much better. Beside that cold, diving here are very expensive.. 2 times more compared to Indonesia.
    I already submitted to Bill, but not yet get the confirmation.. anyway, I quite sure this is H.elegans :D

5. Hendra Tan says:

Menurut aku sich ini memang Helgerda elegans… {please visit sealug forum….go direct to Super family PLUEROBANCHOIDE,,,family Doridae}….good job bro….

6. Hendra Tan says:

jangan seperti foto ku yang judul nya Flabelinidae…??? ada yang koment…padahal kita yang ada dictionary nya dari Bill Rudman ngga berani kasih nama…..he3x…..

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.