hi everyone, i’m newby n just learn how to take underwater photo…
this is my first photo, please leave a comment so i can improve my self.
thank you

UserCamera: Canon PowerShot A640
Strobe: Built-in Flash
Taxonomy: Fish
EXIFSoftware: Adobe Photoshop 7.0
Votes

Score: 1.87 (15 votes)

Like this photo? Want to own a copy? Contact us!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

7 Responses to “Rhinopias.jpg”

1. Erwin Kodiat says:

Welcome aboard, Donny.
    Can you inform me your camera brand and type, strobe (if you use it), location. I will add those information if they are not available. Anyhow, by looking at the objects and the surrounding, I’d say it is quite difficult to take picture of this. Your only best bet is zoom your lens and be as steady as possible. For the lighting, you can use 2 different alternatives: natural lighting with custom white balance or external strobe.
    I think if you provide us with more information about the camera and other equipments you may have, it is easier for us to give you a feedback.

2. Erwin Kodiat says:

Now, I can see the information. I think the best method is to zoom your camera and use natural light with custom white balance. Don’t forget to be as steady as possible to get a sharp picture.

3. Walter Faustini says:

get closer to subject

4. Donny Suminta says:

Thx guys..
    Actually, I can be closer to the subject.
    However, when I take this photo I think it would be a little bit more nice when I take the surrounding area too because the coral also beautiful. Now my question is does it have to be always close up to the subject and ignore the surrounding area?

5. Erwin Kodiat says:

Actually is a matter of taste and depends on what you want to achieve. Personally (which I think is very subjective and not necessarily applied to others), I would get myself closer in your situation so I get more detail on the fish, while surrounding can help viewer, in your case, it is more interested to isolate the fish out of the coral

6. Fredi Tansari says:

nice subject….you can wait until it yawn…. that’s the perfect moment. But if it’s placed on top of next coral and you feeled thatn you can’t get close up to the face then just go away…find another object….and if you can get close to the face try to focus on the eye.

7. Acuan says:

welcome to the forum Donny.
    Nice photo for first posting :) keep on posting!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.