Taxonomy: Others
EXIFCamera model: NIKON D300
Date: 21 November 2009
Time: 04:24:04
Exposure Time: 1/250
Aperture: f/25.0
Exposure Bias: 0.00
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 60 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90 mm)
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual exposure
Metering Mode: Spot
Light Source: Flash
White Balance: Manual white balance
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh

Like this photo? Want to own a copy? Contact us!

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

15 Responses to “Fireworks”

1. Kaufik Anril says:

amazing light carl… love it…

2. Carl Gennaro says:

Thanks, yea I remember, I was wishing I had sun glasses on.

3. simonsaysscuba says:

I like your lighting. Have you tried burning the edges of this photo with a filter? I think it may add to the composition, having the center stand out better.

Incidentally I am shooting the same gear as you: http://www.simonsaysscuba.com/gear how do you like the Nikon D300? The camera is great, however I did experience issues with the YS-250Pro, two of which I already had to repair.

Cheers,

Simon

4. Carl Gennaro says:

Don’t jinks me,,, no problem at all with the strobes or camera. I am using that 250 TTL converter, plus I am shooting with a Sea & Sea Optical Dome Port for Wide-Angle and Fisheye Lenses #30104 so happy I don’t have that plastic dome any more, make so much difference. I agree about the little brighter edges, for some reason when I reduce the picture to fit on here it looses all a lot of punch. My original copy IS brighter. In Print it came out amazing. I love the D300 but waiting now for the D300 in full frame, should have been out this year but didn’t. Then finally it will be like film. What did you have to get repaired?

5. Carl Gennaro says:

Also for wide angle I am using Tokina 10-17 For reasons beyond me it’s sharper and works with the domes better than the Nikon ones. I have the Nikon but leave them home for wide angle stuff. this lens blows them away. I love. But above was a 60mm macro.

6. Kaufik Anril says:

Hmm… I was planning to change my flooded Ikelite DS-125 (my second flooded ikelite) to S&S YS-250…. but feel doubt about it after reading Simon’s comment here :)

7. Carl Gennaro says:

I love them, best strobes I ever had, I wonder what trouble he had. Have not heard any other people complaining. I used to be a fan of Ikelite strobes but their quailty control just is going down hill.

8. Kat Ramage says:

Stunning lighting!

9. Andy Rani says:

Would be nicer if you snoot the center part..

10. Carl Gennaro says:

here Andy, I have better one of this one here, just lazy https://picasaweb.google.com/reefseeker/Komodo2010#

11. Andy Rani says:

Woww.. Really nice and intense collection you got there..
    Awesome Man…

12. Carl Gennaro says:

:) that was one trip here are mixed trips https://picasaweb.google.com/reefseeker/StarredPhotos#

13. Carl Gennaro says:

Thanks Andy…

14. Andy Rani says:

Yeah not just the UW picture but the whole trip looks like you really enjoy it..
    Let me know if you come to Manado..
    And we’ll dive together with some other friends here..

15. Carl Gennaro says:

I miss Manado, I will be coming back some day. Thanks for the invite.. YOU GOT IT..

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.